Salary Range: $90-$100k/yr depending on experience
EVCS was founded in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest and fastest-growing public EV charging networks on the US West Coast. With almost 700 AC Level 2 and DC Fast chargers and plans to double in size in 2023, EVCS offers drivers an expansive network of fast, reliable, affordable, and conveniently located chargers across California, Oregon, and Washington. Powered by 100% renewable energy, EVCS is disrupting the mobility industry through a turn-key approach that utilizes public and private funding sources to encourage the installation of fast-charging stations. In addition to closing a $68.8M Series A funding in June 2022, EVCS has secured over $75M in government funding and engaged nearly 150 public and private site hosts, including Fortune 500 companies and underrepresented communities, to build and grow its net-zero-carbon network. Furthermore, EVCS offers EV drivers an industry-first fixed-rate subscription charging. This includes unlimited charging plans designed for high-mileage and rideshare drivers, with potential savings of hundreds of US dollars annually. Our team is growing fast, attracting top talent from a wide range of industries. If you thrive in fast-paced, purpose-driven, high-performing environments, EVCS is the right fit for your next career move.
As a Financial Analyst, you will be responsible for collecting, organizing, and analyzing large datasets to provide valuable insights that drive business decisions and support strategic initiatives. Your work will play a crucial role in building and maintaining trust in data, optimizing processes, identifying trends, and improving overall efficiency within the organization. This role will report to the Vice President of Finance.
- Data Validation: Review and cleanse data to identify and resolve any discrepancies or errors with relevant teams. Verify the integrity of data to ensure reliable and accurate analysis.
- Data-driven Insights: Utilize data analysis to provide actionable insights and recommendations for improving financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Financial Analysis and Strategic Initiatives: Assist with performance of quantitative analysis to forecast trends, assess risks, and suggest strategic financial projections. Utilize data analysis, financial statements, KPIs, and other financial metrics to provide actionable insights and recommendations for improving financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with intracompany teams to assist in budgeting and financial forecasting processes. Use data analysis to support resource allocation and planning.
- Reporting and Visualization: Prepare clear and concise financial reports, charts, and visualizations to communicate complex data to stakeholders and management. Design and maintain interactive dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision-making.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis: Conduct cost-benefit analyses for various projects to determine their financial viability and potential ROI.
- Strategic Initiatives: Participate in financial evaluations of strategic initiatives. Streamline processes to ensure speedy and accurate reporting across the company.
- Data Management: Responsible for accurate and organized data within the firm, which includes analysis of accuracy, implementations of improvement, and ongoing monitoring of processes.
- Revenue Reconciliation: Through several data platforms, perform monthly revenue reconciliations and validate fluctuations with respective parties.
Salesforce.com & Data Analytics
- Data Management and Integration: Assist in the design of Salesforce solutions and related integrations between Salesforce and other enterprise systems, ensuring data integrity and consistency across platforms. This includes inventory management integration between Salesforce and Kechie, integration between Salesforce and Click Up for process flows, and file data management between Drop Box and Salesforce.
- Solution Design and Architecture: Lead the design and architecture of end-to-end Salesforce solutions that address business needs utilizing Salesforce best practices. Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Salesforce Platform Optimization: Assess the existing Salesforce implementation and identify opportunities for optimization, enhancement, and standardization to improve overall performance and user experience.
- Integration and Data Management: Design and implement seamless integrations between Salesforce and other enterprise systems, ensuring data integrity and consistency across platforms.
- Governance and Compliance: Define and enforce data governance principle, security best practices, and data protection measures to maintain a secure and compliant environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Company sponsored Dental PPO
- Company sponsored Vision
- Voluntary FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
EVCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst, Financial Analyst, or similar role
- Experience as a Salesforce.com administrator, with certification a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large datasets.
- Proficiency in financial software and data analysis tools (Excel and SQL are a must!).
- Knowledge of financial modeling and forecasting techniques.
- Collaborate with the controllership and Business Intelligence to improve financial reporting, extract value from data for forecasting and budgeting, and enhance company performance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to convey complex financial information clearly.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Exceptional ability to drive data accuracy across the company through communication with all departments.
- Strong data analytics applications, including Tableau, R, SQL or other relational database applications
Location: This is a remote role, based in Southern California. This role requires to meet in person on an as needed basis and for some periods on a sustained basis