Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000/yr
EVCS was founded in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest and fastest-growing public EV charging networks on the US West Coast. With 846 AC Level 2 and DC Fast chargers and plans to continue deployments, EVCS offers drivers an expansive network of fast, reliable, affordable, and conveniently located chargers across California, Oregon and Washington. Powered by 100% renewable energy, EVCS is disrupting the mobility industry through a turn-key approach that utilizes public and private funding to encourage the installation of fast-charging stations. In addition to closing a $68.8M Series A funding in June 2022, EVCS has secured over $75M in government funding and engaged nearly 150 public and private site hosts, including Fortune 500 companies and underrepresented communities, to build and grow its net-zero-carbon network. Furthermore, EVCS offers EV drivers an industry-first fixed-rate subscription charging. This includes unlimited charging plans designed for high-mileage and rideshare drivers, with potential savings of hundreds of US dollars annually. If you thrive in fast-paced, mission-driven, high-performing environments, EVCS is the right fit for your next career move.
EVCS is seeking an EV Technician will troubleshoot, maintain, and coordinate EV Chargers network installation, maintenance, and operations, ensuring a reduction in down time to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Perform troubleshooting and maintenance on EV charging stations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Configure, monitor, troubleshoot and assess network issues and develop solutions.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades to the systems when needed, identifying likely issues and working to reduce potential downtime.
- Conduct routine maintenance and testing on electrical systems and check them against manufacturer guidelines.
- Order and replace equipment parts.
- Run tests on equipment and products to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Repair any broken electrical components using critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Provide repair, troubleshooting and installation of facility equipment, electrical system, and power needs.
- Perform site survey and evaluation for new installation.
- Coordinate dispatches with service partners and service contractors.
- Analyze and approve vendor quotes.
- Site assessments, municipality plan check, scheduling and coordination with contractors and inspectors.
- Ensure safety values and standard operation procedures (SOPs) are maintained.
- Manage logistics and inventory of materials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Company sponsored Dental
- Company sponsored Vision
- Company sponsored basic life insurance
- Voluntary FSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
- Vacation time
- Sick time
- Must have knowledge and experience on Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Salesforce and Zendesk familiarity a plus!
- Interest in the EV industry
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 1+ years of industry related experience
EVCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.