Director/Head of UX Design
Are you fascinated by the impact electric vehicle startups have had on disrupting the automotive establishment? Are you interested in leading the transition to clean, zero emission vehicle transportation? Does the opportunity to bring electric powered mobility to the mass market intrigue you? EVCS is breaking down the barriers to mass consumer EV adoption by simplifying public EV fast charging with its industry first, unlimited charging subscription. EVCS is one of the largest and fastest growing EV fast charging networks on the West Coast with 615 chargers across CA, OR and WA and rapid expansion plans to reach 1,500 by 2023. We are a mission-based collection of entrepreneurs, product strategists and technologists with a unifying vision to decarbonize consumer vehicle transportation by making public fast charging easily accessible, consistently reliable and cost effective. We are backed by leading clean tech institutional investors and recently closed a $68.8MM funding round enabling us to accelerate our network build out plan and fill key roles on our leadership team. With a rapidly expanding network of charging locations, EVCS is poised to build on its position as a leader in the hyper growth EV charging sector.
- Use business requirements, market research and customer feedback to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
- Work closely with the product team to develop use cases and high-level requirements.
- Quickly, yet thoroughly, create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface and interaction specifications.
- Present and defend design recommendations to partners, stakeholders, and senior leadership for review, feedback, and approval.
- Measure the success and effectiveness of UX innovations.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants with a 1-year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter
- Extended (7-year) post-termination stock option exercise period after 2 years of service.
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health/vision/dental insurance plans
- FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% company matching contribution
- Selection of preferred Mac/PC hardware and accessories
- Selection of all necessary design software
- Selection of preferred noise cancelling headphones
- 8+ years of professional experience as a UX designer or interaction designer.
- An online portfolio or samples of work on resume, demonstrating experience creating great end-to-end, user-centered design solutions and patterns, across desktop and mobile devices.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience designing across Web and Mobile
- Passion for building a sustainable environmental future
- Curiosity for automotive innovation and disruptive technologies
- Experience working collaboratively with Product, Business Development, and Engineering teams to implement designs.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills, including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to executive-level leadership.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment to deliver high-quality design solutions
- Experience planning and executing effective customer research