Manager / Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence & Data Analytics (Contractor or full-time)
Salary Range: $70.00-$110.00/hr
EVCS was founded in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest and fastest-growing public EV charging networks on the US West Coast. With almost 800 AC Level 2 and DC Fast chargers and plans to double in size in the next 12 months, EVCS offers drivers an expansive network of fast, reliable, affordable, and conveniently located chargers across California, Oregon and Washington. Powered by 100% renewable energy, EVCS is disrupting the mobility industry through a turn-key approach that utilizes public and private funding to encourage the installation of fast-charging stations. In addition to closing a $68.8M Series A funding in June 2022, EVCS has secured over $75M in government funding and engaged nearly 150 public and private site hosts, including Fortune 500 companies and underrepresented communities, to build and grow its net-zero-carbon network. Furthermore, EVCS offers EV drivers an industry-first fixed-rate subscription charging. This includes unlimited charging plans designed for high-mileage and rideshare drivers, with potential savings of hundreds of US dollars annually. If you thrive in fast-paced, mission-driven, high-performing environments, EVCS is the right fit for your next career move.
We are seeking an experienced and highly skilled Manager (or Sr. Manager) of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics with extensive expertise in using Tableau, coupled with a solid understanding of the EV charging industry. As the Manager of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, you will be responsible for leading and executing data analytics initiatives to drive business insights and help optimize business performance. You will support a wide range of internal stakeholders in analyzing disparate data sets, developing metrics to track performance, building powerful visualizations and dashboards primarily via Tableau, and continuously look out for data-driven business and process improvements.
This role is intended as a contractor position with a minimum 35 hours per week. It is also possible for the role to be full-time. This role is remote, with preference for location on the West Coast (CA, OR, WA).
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage a queue of data-analysis requests from a range of business stakeholders across the organization, including the executive team.
- Gather, structure, and analyze data from various sources, including EV charging infrastructure, customer usage patterns, financial metrics, and market trends.
- Lead deep-dive analyses and help define, develop, and track key performance metrics for various business functions. This includes but is not limited to: customer utilization behaviors, charging network operations, network expansion and site selection, etc.
- Design and develop interactive dashboards, reports, and visualizations using Tableau to provide insights on key business metrics and performance indicators.
- Identify trends, patterns, and anomalies in data, and provide actionable recommendations based on your findings.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product, customer solutions, partnership, operations, marketing, and finance, to identify analytical needs and deliver data-driven solutions.
- Design and implement data models, data pipelines, and ETL processes to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and accessibility for reporting and analysis.
- Continuously automate data analytics functions and reports as needed to focus on highest leverage work, and ensure the scalability, security, and performance of data analytics infrastructure and tools.
Contractor role: $70-$110 per hour; plus potential stock options
Full-time Employee Compensation Package:
- Base: $120-160k
- Yearly bonus
- Stock options
- Employer sponsored health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Voluntary FSA Plans
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in business intelligence and data analytics.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in using Tableau for data visualization and reporting.
- Strong proficiency in SQL for data extraction, manipulation, and analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing concepts.
- Good understanding of the EV charging industry.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate business requirements into data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex data insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with Snowflake and dbt.
- Prior work experience in the EV charging or clean energy industry.
- Masters degree in Data Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate or higher certification.