Supply Chain Manager
Salary Range: $83-$110k/yr depending on experience
EVCS was founded in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest and fastest-growing public EV charging networks on the US West Coast. With almost 700 AC Level 2 and DC Fast chargers and plans to double in size in 2023, EVCS offers drivers an expansive network of fast, reliable, affordable, and conveniently located chargers across California, Oregon and Washington. Powered by 100% renewable energy, EVCS is disrupting the mobility industry through a turn-key approach that utilizes public and private funding sources to encourage the installation of fast-charging stations. In addition to closing a $68.8M Series A funding in June 2022, EVCS has secured over $75M in government funding and engaged nearly 150 public and private site hosts, including Fortune 500 companies and underrepresented communities, to build and grow its net-zero-carbon network. Furthermore, EVCS offers EV drivers an industry-first fixed-rate subscription charging. This includes unlimited charging plans designed for high-mileage and rideshare drivers, with potential savings of hundreds of US dollars annually. Our team is growing fast, attracting top talent from a wide range of industries. If you thrive in fast-paced, mission-driven, high-performing environments, EVCS is the right fit for your next career move.
The Supply Chain Manager will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee the logistics of supply chain operations, including procurement and SOPs in the organization, reporting directly to the Head of Construction.
- Management of supply chain including procurement and planning
- Procurement of switchgear, stations, panels, transformers, other electrical equipment consistent with electric vehicles, etc.
- Developing proficiency with all productivity and Reporting tools. (i.e. SalesForce, Kechie)
- Develop and execute procurement strategies; identifying sourcing opportunities to achieve cost goals and manage supply chain risks; negotiating and establishing key supply terms including credit terms, PO pricing, lead times and quality metrics
- Build strong working relationships with region’s design firms, site sales partners, manufacturing vendors and EVCS’ internal team.
- Analyze parts inventory and assess site needs
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive Sales and Operations Planning process including demand planning, inventory planning and supply planning to fulfill Installation pipeline, ensure on-time PO delivery, and improve inventory efficiency
- Collaborate with Head of Construction to create SOPs
- Maintain up to date understanding of industry trends and technical developments
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Collaborate with Network Operations to understand field service needs, plan & build maintenance inventory and monitor failure rates
- Develops and maintain detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at charging sites, and in the factory.
- Maintain required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Develop policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety
- Monitor the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Company sponsored Dental PPO
- Company sponsored Vision
- Voluntary FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
- 5+ years’ experience in supply chain, logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working with EVSE Manufacturers and procurement of electrical components related to charger installation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Adaptability, flexibility in the face of changing business requirements and conditions
- Ability to manage third-party manufacturing vendors professionally on a day-to-day basis
- Resourcefulness (you can embrace the scrappy) and entrepreneurial spirit; you achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have
- Confident working remotely and operating independently
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent credentials in Supply Chain, Engineering, Logistics, Business or related study
- APICS certification preferred
- EV space/sustainability, renewables (commercial solar/energy storage) or Engineering industry experience preferred