Business Intelligence Engineering (Contract to Hire)
Salary Range: $65.00/hr
You will support internal stakeholders in extracting rich insights from disparate data sets, build powerful visualizations and continuously look out for data driven business and process improvements. You'll be a key member of a high growth, VC-backed startup defining how to measure and improve the things that matter most to our customers. You will work with the product team to analyze feature launches and engagement trends to generate key insights for future improvements. And you will work with C-level leadership to ensure effective communication of business trends to our board of directors and key investors. This role is initially spec'd as a contract position with a minimum 35-40 hours per week. There is the potential for the role to transition to full time if EVCS and the candidate are mutually inclined. The full-time position would include a competitive base
salary, bonus, stock options and full benefits package.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage a queue of ad hoc requests from custom analysis from a range of business stakeholders.
- Stand up Tableau dashboards to support self-service needs across the organization.
- Lead deep dive analysis of customer utilization behaviors, surface key insights and identify high value actions the growth team can action in product and marketing strategies.
- Partner closely with Product, Tech, and Operations leaders to define and analyze experiments, including any lessons learned and recommended changes to approach.
- Define, measure and present metrics / automated reports on multiple products to senior leadership. Design new and enhance metrics, and continuously automate as needed to focus on highest leverage work.
- Establish an environment of self-service with stakeholders for simple or repeat requests through continuous development of knowledge bank, dashboards, or other mechanisms.
This position may be remote, or hybrid based in our Los Angeles office.
COMPENSATION AND TIME COMMITMENT
- $65 / hour
- Minimum 35 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, or a related discipline.
- 3+ Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- 3+ years of interpreting and analyzing raw data and converting it to digestible business insights.
- 3+ years of experience with Tableau Desktop or other relevant data visualization software.
- Experience with data modeling and cloud-based warehousing.
- Experience with Snowflake and dbt preferred.
- Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds.