Project Manager, Partnerships & Policy
Salary Range: $80-$110k
Are you passionate about helping fight climate change and reduce greenhouse emissions? Are you interested in electric vehicles and EV charging technologies? Do you enjoy managing and supporting partnership projects and programs in e-mobility and EV charging that cut across technology, business, policy? If so, here is your opportunity to apply your talents to make a real difference by joining a team of likeminded and passionate entrepreneurs at EVCS, working to accelerate EV adoption and public EV charging.
EVCS was founded in 2018 and has quickly become one of the largest and fastest-growing public EV charging networks on the US West Coast. With almost 700 AC Level 2 and DC Fast chargers and plans to double in size in 2023, EVCS offers drivers an expansive network of fast, reliable, affordable, and conveniently located chargers across California, Oregon and Washington. Powered by 100% renewable energy, EVCS is disrupting the mobility industry through a turn-key approach that utilizes public and private funding sources to encourage the installation of fast-charging stations. In addition to closing a $68.8M Series A funding in June 2022, EVCS has secured over $75M in government funding and engaged nearly 150 public and private site hosts, including Fortune 500 companies and underrepresented communities, to build and grow its net-zero-carbon network. Furthermore, EVCS offers EV drivers an industry-first fixed-rate subscription charging. This includes unlimited charging plans designed for high-mileage and rideshare drivers, with potential savings of hundreds of US dollars annually. Our team is growing fast, attracting top talent from a wide range of industries. If you thrive in fast-paced, mission-driven, high-performing environments, EVCS is the right fit for your next career move.
As a Project Manager, Partnerships & Policy, you will have the opportunity to lead and support a wide range of projects and programs with key business partners that contribute to the growth of EVCS customer base and to the expansion of our public charging network. You will provide meaningful contributions to the company’s efforts on strategic partnerships, including: business development, program launch, and program operations. You will also support with policy and regulation, customer products and solutions, and business intelligence and analytics. Reporting to the Vice President of Partnerships, you will have an enormous opportunity to experience various aspects of the EV charging business, and you will work directly with the leadership team and with EVCS external stakeholders. In true startup fashion, this role requires a versatile skillset that combines deep understanding of the EV charging industry, strong business acumen, effective communication skills, and solid quantitative and analytical skills. Can-do attitude is critical. Background in management consulting is highly desirable.
Over time, you will have a lot of freedom and will be empowered and mentored to further focus your career in a specific area of interest within the organization.
This position may be remote or hybrid based in our Los Angeles office.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Lead and support various initiatives related to strategic partnerships with key business accounts.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative business analyses to evaluate strategic partnership opportunities, aiming to increase EV charging network utilization and/or expand network footprint.
- Help manage partnerships and business development pipeline.
- Lead and support with execution and daily operation of partnership programs. Coordinate across teams to integrate several workstreams related to partnership projects.
- Hold project team members accountable for delivery of milestones on time and on budget.
- Support with business intelligence and analytics to generate and synthesize strategic insights.
- Conduct analyses to evaluate specific policies and regulations related to public EV charging at the local, state, and federal level. Craft clear recommendations for internal leadership and external stakeholders.
- Support, coordinate and collaborate with Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Operations teams.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Performance Bonus
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants with a 1-year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Company sponsored Dental
- Company sponsored Vision
- Company sponsored Life insurance
- FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Public Policy, or a related discipline.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in transportation electrification, EV charging, and/or e-mobility industry.
- 4+ years of experience in project/program management, business development, or management consulting. A Master’s degree counts for 1 year of experience.
- Good understanding of EV charging policy and regulations, especially on the West Coast (CA, OR, WA).
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-driven, details-oriented, and shows ability to deliver on ambiguous projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior work experience in Tableau and Salesforce.
- Experience communicating with senior management.