Project Development Engineer (PDE)
EVCS is backed by leading green VC investors and is one of the fastest growing EV fast charging networks in the United States. We are at the vanguard of the automotive electrification revolution, leading the build out of EV charging infrastructure to support consumer adoption of electric vehicles. We’re creating the most reliable and accessible EV charging infrastructure in the nation; one that enables EV drivers to have an affordable and convenient charging experience while simultaneously improving air quality. EVCS charging stations have saved 965 metrics tons of CO2 from entering our environment. Our first-in-the-nation unlimited charging subscription plan offers EV drivers a cost effective and convenient way to stay charged and on the road. With a rapidly expanding network of charging locations, EVCS is poised to build on its position as a leader in the hyper growth EV charging sector.
- Ramp up on EVCS’ pipeline from site evaluation and design through permitting and into construction and commissioning
- Develop proficiency with all productivity and Reporting tools. (i.e. SalesForce, Kechie)
- Build strong working relationships with region’s design firms, Site Sales partners, and EVCS’ internal team.
- Create development engineering deliverables such as project cost estimations, conceptual layout designs, and single-line diagrams.
- Produce scope of work and track project deadlines and deliverables from engineering partners (e.g., site surveys, preliminary and permit package engineering).
- The Project Development Engineer will be accountable for excellent quality control and code compliance on all design activities from proposal to detailed engineering.
- Execute on standardized design and construction logistics approaches optimizing design.
- Capable of identifying and coordinating projects with the Local Utility Co. on projects that require new utility service
- Deep understanding of L2 and DCFC design principles to ensure efficient first steps for each project
- Managing the project budget; reviewing and approving construction bids and change orders throughout the construction process
- Forecasting, scheduling deployment, and managing all components of highly complex installations
- Providing support as needed to general contractors during all phases of construction
- Exercising ownership of not just individual sites but the overall portfolio of projects within your region
- Keeping all stakeholders aligned and aware on the progress of all station by submitting regular project reports
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants with a 1-year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Voluntary Dental PPO
- FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
- 5+ years’ experience in Construction Management and Site Development OR 5+ years’ experience as a Design Engineer, with focus on Electrical Engineering
- Traveling regularly. You will be spending 50%-75% of time on sites throughout deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Adaptability, flexibility in the face of changing business requirements and conditions
- Ability to manage third-party design contractors professionally on a day-to-day basis
- Ability to manage external clients professionally on a day-to-day basis
- Previous experience in Construction Management projects and knowledge of regulations and permits required
- Organization skills and the ability to plan ahead and multitask in order to meet deadlines and keep projects under budget
- Comfort with significant driving time (this is required in this role)
- Resourcefulness (you can embrace the scrappy) and entrepreneurial spirit; you achieve results with far fewer resources than a big company would have
- Confident working remotely and operating independently
- Valid driving license (this is required for the role)
- Acceptable driving history for three years pre-employment, and continuing while employed (this is required for the role)
- A meticulous eye for project details and a diligence in finding solutions: you can easily point to a track record of success in this area
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Logistics, Engineering or other industry related field required OR BS/MS in Engineering (electrical engineering preferred)
- PE or EIT preferred
- EV space/sustainability, renewables (commercial solar/energy storage) or Engineering industry experience is preferred but not required
- Understanding of distribution network and utility/AHJ requirements