Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Despite becoming one of the largest and fastest growing EV fast charging networks on the West Coast, it is still Day 1 at EVCS and as the Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Manager you will play a critical role in scaling our burgeoning subscription charging business from the ground up. As an early stage start up, the role will require a leader who can both think strategically and act tactically. The Sr. Lifecycle Marketing Manager will own the strategy and execution for EVCS subscriber engagement, retention and ultimately driving long term lifetime value. You will define automated customer journeys and designing a continuous A/B experimentation road map geared towards habituating subscribers to charge their EVs at EVCS locations. You will run a wide range of automated experiments, assessing opportunities to improve engagement and retention across owned and operated marketing channels (email, push, SMS, in-app), messaging sequencing, creative and personalization tactics. In collaboration with the BI and product teams, you will use data backed insights to influence the core product and CRM road map. You will become the SME on EV driver charging behavior and pioneer new customer insights in a still nascent industry enabling EVCS to communicate the right message at the right time bolstering subscriber loyalty. As the thought leader on CRM and CDP technologies, you will collaborate with the product and engineering teams to identify and onboard new 3rd party technology partners, enable new data ingestion pipelines and capabilities increasing the effectiveness of retention marketing across each stage of the customer lifecycle. You will be a relentless advocate for EVCS customers, continuously raising the bar on marketing relevance and personalization.
- Write the playbook for habituating EVCS subscriber charging at EVCS locations across the full subscriber lifecycle across free trial to pay conversion, 90-day onboarding to churn risk mitigation and win back.
- Define automated customer journey road map, authoring requirements documents and user stories to influence engineering team development priorities.
- Build, test, and optimize engagement and retention programs, making continuous improvements based on performance, trends, insights; regularly report out metrics.
- Develop advanced frameworks for automation, including triggered notifications & decision trees across channels (email, push notification, in-app, SMS, paid)
- Develop segmentation strategy, leveraging internal tools to identify and target high propensity customer cohorts; identify and leverage new or emerging patterns in customer behavior to inform strategy and engage new segments.
- Become the SME on EV driver charging behavior, leveraging insights derived from 1st party user data and customer research to inform our marketing automation strategy.
- Drive the marketing automation technology road map, aligning senior leadership to adopt 3rd party CRM/CDP solutions and the development of new data pipelines and personalization feature development.
- Develop an always on A/B or multi-armed bandit testing strategy, evaluating channel, timing, messaging and creative to assess and optimize impact on subscriber charging behaviors.
- Partner with BI engineering to identify high value customer actions and operationalize these insights to increase LTV.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants with a 1-year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored health insurance plans
- Voluntary Dental PPO
- FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
- 5+ years experience leading full spectrum lifecycle or loyalty marketing for direct-to-consumer subscription business
- Deep experience deigning and executing multi-channel engagement campaigns across email, push and SMS channels and providing a regular cadence of progress updates to senior leadership.
- Data driven - experience with web analytics and visualization tools e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe/Omniture and Tableau.
- Experience writing customer-facing content that is on-brand, relevant, and tailored to a specific customer segment/experience.
- Possess keen analytical and quantitative skills; ability to think critically and use data to derive insights and inform marketing plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable presenting across all levels of the organization including to senior leadership.
- Ability to both lead and drive autonomously to tight deadlines with regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, managing internal and external stakeholders, and multiple campaigns at once.
- Passion for sustainable technology and the EV sector
- Proven track record of managing complex, highly ambiguous projects through to meeting/exceeding agreed upon goals
- Experienced designing and executing qualitative and quantitative consumer research.
- Grounded in statistical measurements methods for A/B testing and lift analysis.
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure.