Network Operations Director
Salary Range: $100-$175k/yr depending on experience
- Oversees and is accountable for the management of all operational aspects of field workforce, budget and service level metrics, executed through the direct and indirect workforce who are responsible for the customer facing, repair, maintenance, service delivery and planning functions, and many indirect outsource partners.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure timely troubleshooting and resolution of incidents and outages
- Manage network monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures
- Monitor and collect network load and performance statistics ensuring total visibility and network health
- Plan and oversee network maintenance activities; maintain approved network configurations; enforce change control procedures, and support root cause analysis
- Manages self and team to established expense targets, customer satisfaction, product unit objectives, safety standards, and service quality metrics.
- Building the team, including participation in candidate interviews, vetting and training.
- Continually assesses local market opportunities and market strategies to ensure operational optimization.
- Lead assigned disaster recovery/COOP planning and testing activities
- Manage distribution and installation of firmware and software patches and ensure that updates to all network devices and software are performed to comply with service levels
- Ensure that network hardware and software inventories are current and accurate
- Manage/ integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
- Source spare parts from aftermarket/third parties
- Utilize world class written and verbal communication skills to influence internal and external executive stakeholders and build alignment for key partnership initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership on trends in network operations centers and quality assurance in the developing public EV fast charging sector.
- Knowledge of Level 2 AC and Level 3 DC fast charging electric vehicle service equipment (EVSEs).
- Experience with Tritium and BTC Power charging equipment.
- Deep knowledge of the public EV charging landscape.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary paid weekly
- Equity ownership via incentive stock options grants with a 1-year cliff and monthly vesting thereafter
- No cost, unlimited EV charging on the EVCS and affiliated partner networks
- Company sponsored Anthem health plan
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- FSA and HSA plans
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- 9 paid Holidays & company closure from Christmas to New Year’s Day
You thrive in environments where your strong leadership skills, business acumen, and technical expertise are key to driving the success of multifunctional teams. The full life cycle of performance network management and working within its established procedures and communication requirements is motivating work for you. No stranger to succeeding in a fast-paced environment, you juggle competing priorities with ease. People count on you for your ability to build relationships at all levels and communicate clearly to business and technical audiences alike.
- BS preferably in a technical field
- 8+ years professional experience in managing an enterprise scale network operations center and technical field support teams.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate network information to both management and other organizations during network events and major, critical and catastrophic outages.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes; ability to work independently and collaborate with large teams
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening); ability to articulate solutions and rationale for design decisions.
- Proven track record of performance in productivity, quality and safety measurements in a field operations environment.
- Experience managing a capital and expense budget.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities across multiple functional areas within Operations.
- Relentless focus on results and driving operating improvements.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel the territory frequently
EVCS is an equal opportunity employer to all and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, origin, sex, age or disability.